What is SEO?
How its Works For Businesses
Start-up businesses may feel a bit intimidated by the concept of SEO which is an acronym for search engine optimization. But, it doesn’t always have to be like that. The truth is even with minimum SEO skills under your belt, you can move way ahead in improving your brand’s search engine ranking by some positive changes in the approach.
Let’s dig deeper so that you can understand SEO better and use its impact in your business to be in good shape. With proper knowledge of SEO organizations use to get higher ranks in search engines for relevant keywords and phrases. Search engines scan through different websites for its content, accessible navigation, readability and user-friendliness. Then it places the websites according to its guidelines. So by creating more engaging and effective SEO focused content you can increase your chances getting more targeted organic traffic. SEO basically expand your websites visibility on search engines.
The term “SEO” is the only thing that decides which site would appear on front page of Google. Needless to say that, it also decides the fate of a business which is going to thrive or going bankrupt.
One might ask that what this “SEO” even mean. Is it something related to design, content or just links..?? Well, it is all of them, in fact, even more. But, why you need to optimize and what do you need to optimize is what we will be discussing here today. So, let’s start from the scratch.
Basic idea of SEOSEO is the process of optimizing your website’s content for ranking high on a search engine for a certain keyword. It is about ranking high on a search result also known as organic listings which is basically the unpaid section of a search engine. In other words, SEO is a kind of magic that you need to do on your blog post so that Google includes your post as one of the top results.
Why SEO is important?Online experience basically begin with a search engine like Google and the fact is the first five results on Google gets 67% of all clicks Therefore, SEO should be done in order to appear in those first five results.
Important factors of SEO
There are more than 200 factors that Google uses to determine the ranking position of a particular website against a specific relevant search term. However, the most important factors that Google and other search engines pay attention to are On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
On-page SEO: This is the practice of improving the design, code, functionality and navigation of a website to provide an easier and flawless experience to the user. There are many categories that come under On-page SEO but the most important ones are:
- Keywords – They are the most important thing to decide website development and marketing. You will be needed to develop your website content according to the keywords.
- Content – Content is basically the king of every website. Highly engaging content is the only deciding factor of any website’s position and visibility on first page of Google search results.
- Page Titles – A relevant page title makes it easier to the search engine and visitor to understand the content of the website. Therefore, for high ranking it is important to have attractive and appealing webpage title.
- Meta Description – These are used to describe the kind of information the webpage serves. It helps the visitor to connect to the website and increase visitor engagement.
- Meta Tags – These are HTML marks-ups that makes a website more functional and improves its SEO performance. There are several Meta Tags available like viewport, language, site verification, author and many more.
- URL Structure – URLs are the address of any website and should be created in a user-friendly manner. Well written URLs are appreciated by Google and other search engines which in turn boosts the ranking of the website.
- Image optimizations – Images are a great way to describe any website’s products and services and are used to increase visitor engagement. Relevant images with appropriate Alt tags increase the visibility of the website.
- Site Speed – Nobody wants to visit any site that takes a longer time to load. Less than 3 seconds is expected for any website to load. So, make sure to optimize the load time accordingly.
Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO deals with link building to generate high quality back-links from various websites. Lot of activities are considered to generate authority back-links pointing towards the website. The activities include – Directory submission, business listings, social bookmarking, Forum marketing, blog commenting, Guest blogging, press release, Doc submission and PPT submission, video submission, Link building etc.
Types of SEO techniques
Basically, there are three types of SEO techniques practiced to gain organic listings. Google and other websites have distinguished guidelines for the websites to perform SEO. Depending on the usage of these guidelines there are White Hat SEO, Black Hat SEO and Grey Hat SEO.
White Hat SEO: This SEO technique mostly adhere to the Google guidelines and they do not violet the rules to get higher rankings. But they are costlier and take longer time to carry out. These techniques carry far less risks and delivers lasting and compounding value over time. Most of the leading businesses recommend using White Hat SEO to gain organic listings.
Black Hat SEO: Black Hat SEO techniques can get you to the destination faster than ever and within a comparatively lower cost. These SEO techniques involve some risky shortcuts to get higher rankings in the search engine result pages. They involve cloaking doorway pages, hidden content etc to rank higher. But they are pretty risky as the website using these techniques are more likely to get banned from appearing in the search results once the search engine changes its algorithm and this is considered risky as Google only changes its algorithm 500-600 times in a year.
Grey Hat SEO: this techniques falls somewhere in the middle as the tactics it uses not always spelled out in the Google guidelines as corrupted techniques. However, these techniques can also harm the website after an update and interfere negatively in the website’s rankings.
Benefits of SEO
SEO is the most significant way to drive millions of traffic and quality leads to any website. Utilizing SEO activities increase the visibility of the website improving its prominence among the customers.
One of the biggest benefits of SEO outsourcing in India is its cost-effective operations. Overseas companies look forward to these drastic reductions in infrastructure costing and training times and prefer outsourcing in Indian subcontinents as it saves a lot on management, recruitment and staff turnover etc. With enough knowledge most of the Indian SEO businesses are linguistically bestowed, highly skilful and capable of providing world class services in a cost effective way
Hopefully you have realized that search engine optimization isn’t optional these days when everyone is using the internet to its full potential. It takes minimum effort to get to the few basics but, it might literally kill your online presence if you don’t use optimization properly. It’s okay if you have made some not-so-perfect SEO decisions and they didn’t work as if you can be consistent with your efforts and within 6 months to 1 year you will be able to observe the results.
INSEO is a SEO agency based in Bangalore, India with a passion to provide measurable and effective solutions to the clients. INSEO is known use customized tools to deliver the results that make the brand thrive and be the best in the industry. Given the diverse and deep talents at INSEO it is unlikely that you may not find services that help your business grow competitively.
At INSEO, we use a combination of onsite and offsite strategies to produce top results to push you above your competition.